Building Bridges is back!
The Centre for Translation and Interpreting Studies, University of Leicester (LeCTIS), in collaboration with the East Midlands Regional Group (EMRG) is proud to present Building Bridges, a free social evening of networking creating links between university programmes and the professional translation industry. During the evening, there will be a series of short talks by some of the award-winning professional translators from the EMRG and leading translation companies about the opportunities and changes facing the profession.
The event will be concluded with a small reception, provided by the Centre for Translation and Interpreting Studies, University of Leicester.
- Ellen Worrell (Translator): The Pros and Cons of In-house vs Freelance Translation
- Dan Buller (Translator): Portfolio Career for Translators
- Lottie Lodge (Translator): Networking: How to Gain the Experience Agencies Want When You Are First Starting Out
- Paquale Palmigiano and Katharine Curtis (RWS Group): Best Practices/Expectations for Working with an Agency
- Alysia Fletcher (ASF Translations): Technology and Translators: a Practical and Industrial Perspective
In addition, you will have the opportunity to network with professional translators